Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Timely Article


I thought it strange this morning when I heard on the "wake up" news that two random acts of violence had been committed overnight.
First, a shopping mall in Utah and second, a board meeting in Philadelphia. Two individuals bursting on the scene with guns blazing--the split hair reaction of people's live gone awry. What motivated them to do this? What incident was so traumatic, hurtful, or frustrating that they felt the need to suddenly destroy others' lives?
When I began to read my email, I also received an article through an automated mail service to which I subscribe. There was an article by John Hollon about Professor Robert Sutton's new book entitled The No Asshole Rule which points out just how badly behaved we have become in the workplace environment. This article is worth reading and I cannot wait to read the book or least a synopsis of the book.
There are many toxic workplace survivors that will attest that living with venomous supervisors or even co-workers can drive less stable individuals to the acts that were spotlighted on the morning news.

No comments: