Sunday, January 13, 2008

Putting Power Back in Our Own Hands


When I was a "baby counselor", I was not too interested in Glasser's theory, but I grown to appreciate it more and more every day.
When trying to solve a problem, simply ask three questions:
1. What do I want?
2. What action am I am taking to get what I want?
3. Is what I am doing working?
It is easy and it is simple to understand--no going back and rehashing the past, no getting in touch with feeling (or not very much)
We can only control ourselves by knowing what we want and DOING actions that get us to that thing that we want.
Those three questions should be addressed everyday, just as we make our "to do" list.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So true - we only have today, our tomorrows depend on how well we live in the present