Monday, February 13, 2006

Twists and Turns

So many little things to do in my "unfocused" life...

I have an interesting link this morning:
http://hbswk.hbs.edu/book-review.jhtml?t=technology&id=5205

This is really a book review about the new book, Naked Conversations.
This book talks about how "blogging" has crept its way into businesses and how blogging is very useful in professional areas.

So true!!!!

what a great way to "display your wares" professionally. and it puts the human face and personality with a technological twist. I couldn't agree more!!!

I wanted to link my blog with my career testing/planning business so that potential clients and people who share my interests and curiosities could learn about careers, education and life (which by the way is ALL connected!!) without having to wade through the little website I have.

Through my blog, individuals get to know me.

I have found a way to develop rapport online!! (of course, it is always better to gain rapport in person--don't discount the value of body language...

There was an article in the paper today about the value of www.myspace.com

Professionals especially in the arts are using this as a way of publicizing themselves and their "gifts"....very smart!! but one caveat here--when readers are anonymous they may do things that they normally wouldn't do--hacking, lude behavior....

so beware if you choose to use this technological medium..

No comments: