Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Drink from the fountain of career news!!


Oh, it is Tuesday!!! and almost the end of January....
I am trying to make some decisions about whether to continue on with what I have been doing for the last year (almost!!) or whether to get back into the 8-5 "thang". I am about to have a child in college and it is very expensive. I don't think he will be able to work because he is so involved in his music and acting and then he will need to study, of course (small little detail there....)
today I added my blog link on my website: www.careertpms.com.
I hope some people will be reading. I do try to think thoughtfully about these things.
My heart is heavy for those individuals who will be losing their employment with Ford Motor Corporation. I read on www.workforcemanagement.com that each of them will be given at least $15,000 for continuing education to be retrained in another career. The only stipulation was that they must be involved in that FULL TIME--which will be difficult if they are single parents or the only source of income.
I wish I could send each of them an email and tell them the following things:
1. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
This could be their chance to really, really do something that they
have always wanted to do and now they have money to go into that.
2. "Sometimes God gives us a gift that is wrapped up in a problem."
God is really, really busy and when he does something it has to impact
more than just US alone. It is my belief that all these "little things"
that happen to us are not random events but they strategically
placed so that 1) we live up to our potential and therefore, glorify
God and his creations and 2)we learn something about ourselves and
therefore become more like God and 3) we impact someone else be-
cause of it.

Just a little metaphysical philosophy from Counselor Carol this morning!!!

I need to work on "THE BOOK" this morning.

Pray for a money blessing for me so that I can continue to do what I love to do.

Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments: