Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Grab Life by the Tail


A very busy day today....lots of college admission "thangs" to do for my son and lots of official paper working "thangs" for the business. I joined the Chamber today and applied for membership with the BBB. These organizations have some very, very nice, nice people working for them!! I enjoyed my visits with them very much!! and I am looking forward to activities within each organization. Not only will they help my business, hopefully, but they will give me some great fellowship as well.....
I have realized something from the last week or so....we can never afford to sit back and COAST....we have to keep growing and doing things that we have never done before, meeting people we haven't met before.
As humans, we cannot afford to get TOO comfortable in a "comfort zone" because we get lazy, unambitious. I teach this in my seminars all the time, so why I didn't "internalize" my own message....I don't know.....we are just like house plants....if we outgrow the pot we are in....somebody better put in another bigger, better pot or sooner or later...we will become "potbound" and DIE!!! It is never too late, never too soon, never too hopeless to become something new, someone new, and learn a new trick!
So, KEEP MOVING....don't let "brain paralysis" set in, get out and face the world, do something new. Things don't happen by magic or luck--they happen by taking risks and working hard.
There's something new to learn everyday!!!

No comments: